The Music Clubhouse Assistant job combines your passion for mentoring teens with your musical skills
MUSIC CLUBHOUSE ASSISTANT - JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Music Clubhouse Director, the Music Clubhouse Assistant works closely with youth participants (primarily teenagers) in shaping their involvement, exploration and self-education at the Music Clubhouse. During Open Studio time, the Assistant provides a welcoming environment to all the participants who visit the Music Clubhouse, answering their questions, problem-solving and providing general support. The Music Clubhouse Assistant is critical to the Clubhouse’s mission of building youth confidence through the development of relationships, skills, knowledge and abilities—all through the exploration and expression of music.
* Welcoming members to the Clubhouse
*Teaching group or individual music workshops
* Providing support for youth exploration, creativity and expression
* Answering questions, giving feedback; coaching and encouraging youth
* Monitoring safety of members, equipment, instruments and materials
* Providing feedback to Clubhouse Director
* Participating in Clubhouse orientation sessions
* Responsible for cleanliness and daily maintenance of the Music Clubhouse.
* Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Have very strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability and commitment to responsibly and cooperatively support urban youth
* Demonstrate proficiency with playing a multiple musical instruments and/or electronic music production
* Ability to work cooperatively with the Director and with the team of volunteers and staff.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Flexibility to work Clubhouse operating hours, especially as seasons and service needs change.
* Must consent to a CORI/SORI and background check.
Since we partner with various organizations, the following are general guidelines that will vary from organization to organization:
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
4 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person
Interested in learning more?
If interested, please send your resume, geographic preferences, and interest in full-time, part-time, or both to my contact info below. If you have representative music or links to music that you have created or produced, please include them.