There are many ways that you can help the young people that we serve. Here are just a few ideas, but we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com to tailor a volunteer program to your interests and time availability.
- Teach a master class
- Do a performance at a Music or Studio Clubhouse
- Donate your original music to our listening area
- Donate an instrument, computer or electronics
- Become a Mentor…
The Music/Studio Clubhouse Mentor Program
- Not as much a teacher as a friend who can jam (playing the same instrument or a complimentary instrument) or help with practice etc.
- Someone to talk with and who will listen and help clarify musical as well as life goals.
- Support young people through on-going one-to-one relationships.
- Serve as positive role models.
- Build self-esteem and motivation.
- Be 21 years old or older.
- Have proficiency in one or more musical instruments (including Music recording).
- Have experience and/or strong desire to work with teens/young people in a supportive environment.
- Be willing to commit to the relationship and the time required.
- Successfully meet all screening criteria – e.g. background checks.
- Be willing to attend mentor orientation and training as offered.
Varies, but usually a couple of hours twice a month.
- Opportunity to inspire a young person and make a difference in their life
- Satisfaction in helping someone mature, progress and achieve goals
- Give back to the community
We’d love to talk more… please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.